FlagPlus Football asks all of its teams to respect the league uniform standards. Although we grant teams the freedom and flexibility to purchase their uniforms anywhere they wish and spend as much or as little as they prefer, we expect everyone to abide by certain rules that allow us maintain a minimum standard.
- All players on the same team must wear matching-colored jerseys.
- All players are required to have a large, clear number on the back of their jersey; numbers on the front or shoulder of the jersey are optional. Written-on or taped-on numbers are not permitted.
- Two players on the same team are not permitted to wear the same jersey number.
Here is some friendly advice for new teams joining our league:
- Avoid cotton t-shirts! The nature of the sport requires players to continuously grab and pull a waist-level flagbelt, and jerseys are often accidentally (or not) grasped. Cotton tees tend to tear easily and lead to extra headaches and costs for team captains. We always suggest you go with a polyester or coolmax wicking fabric that are much more tear resistant and will last several seasons.
- When two opposing teams have the same colored jerseys, the road team is required to wear FPF pinnies. Most teams utilize black, white or navy jerseys; we encourage teams to avoid those colors whenever possible.
- Do not wear shorts with pockets- as they are not permitted and will result in a penalty. Zippered and taped-shut shorts are also not permitted.
Sportira is FPF’s longtime uniform provider. We always encourage teams to support our sponsor, and consult them before any uniform purchase, regardless of budget. We’re confident you’ll be satisfied with their different options at different price-points.
For more information regarding uniform requirements, please refer to our Rule Book.