We aim to create an ultra-competitive environment but we expect all participants to understand that there is a line not to be crossed with regard to verbal and/or physical assault—players who cross that line are not the type of players we want participating in our league.
FlagPlus Football takes great pride in the extremely rare number of physical altercations that take place on the field each year during our 2,000-plus games. We feel that four factors play the largest role in this accomplishment:
1) The officials
2) The Disciplinary Committee
3) The players
4) The culture of FPF
Please be advised that:
- Fighting is absolutely not tolerated.
- Throwing a PUNCH or any clear and flagrant ATTEMPT TO INJURE will result in a lengthy suspension (minimum) to as much as a permanent ban from the league. Any isolated situation can lead to an immediate expulsion from our league if the Discipline Committee judges it to be severe enough.
- We expect players to respect and act accordingly with the referees and scorekeepers at all times.
- Taunting and general unsportsmanlike conduct towards an opponent is seen as distasteful and is unwanted; it often leads to heightened tension between teams, and will be penalized.
Repeat offenders will receive escalating sanctions proportionate with their actions and previous suspensions, with the possibility of indefinite suspension for severe cases.
Remember: You as a player make the decision to carry yourself a certain way on the field, should the line between acceptable and unacceptable be crossed at any point, you must accept the responsibility and consequences from such actions. We will continue to do our best to create a safe and competitive environment for all our participants; if we deem a player unable to abide by our Code of Conduct, and his or her continued participation puts the safety of others at risk, said player will no longer be welcome to participate.
All leagues and sports are different; please be sure to have read and understood FlagPlus Football’s Code of Conduct before participating in any league game.